4.01.2016

Our Easter

Finally getting around to sharing our Easter! I dropped and broke my phone earlier in the week, so I've been without one until today. Luckily, I learned my lesson from a previous broken phone and made sure all of my photos were backed up! I couldn't wait to look through the Easter ones again, as Nolan was looking pretty darn cute that day. :)


The night before, I made some "carrot" footprints with Nolan, and some chocolate covered strawberries for Stevie and I.. Which were also carrot themed. :)



I kinda overheated the chocolate, which made it clumpy and hard to cover the strawberries. But whatever, they still tasted delicious! Along with some iced coffee and adorable bunny print straws.





Easter morning Nolan slept until 11am! We brought him out to his Easter basket, and he just sat there and smiled. Then, started pulling all of the grass out of it and into his mouth.

 
 

I got him dressed in his cute little man suit. Then of course, needed pictures next to his basket again. That is, after I stuffed all of the grass back into it.                                    


That little yellow truck was a hit. As well as the bubbles. He LOVES the bubbles. My favorite was the God Gave Us Easter book. I can't wait to read it to him again as he is older. It does a great job of explaining the true meaning of Easter.


I had bought myself a white dress to wear, and Stevie a teal button up that matched Nolan's. I didn't feel like a matched my guys so I tried to find a necklace that would coordinate their outfits. I couldn't find one anywhere, so I sort of made one. Nolan's bow tie was navy, teal and orange. So I bought an orange and a teal necklace. I took off a teal flower and replaced it with an orange one from the other necklace. Then, I painted a couple flowers navy blue, and the centers of all the flowers with an orange or a blue with some acrylic paint I had at home. 

 
I think it turned out good, and it matched his outfit perfectly.

 

Oh, then Stevie didn't like the shirt that I got him and ended up wearing one that did NOT match us. Men, always messing up our plans. ;)

...Nolan and his daddy kinda always look like twins anyways though. 


We had four stops to go to and made it to them all on time.... almost. Nolan got super spoiled at every one of them, and we got super stuffed with Easter brunches and dinners.



 
 

Nolan's grammy and grandpa repainted that old rocking chair for him. 

I tried to get in a little photo shoot by my Aunt's barn. Stevie was just about over my picture taking by then, and Nolan just wanted to get down in the grass and play. I still got a of couple cute ones though. 




Also snuck in a selfie..


At the end of the day Nolan's Easter basket count was up to six! He is a very loved little boy, and all of his grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles sure did get him some cute stuff!































Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment