5.12.2016

Mother's Day

We finally had our first barbecue at our house! Mother's day Sunday everyone came over for some steaks on the grill, and it was so much fun!


(I ran out of time to actually write on my chalkboard, so instead I draped a banner that I had made the night before over it).

My dad bought me a patio set for my birthday last month. I never got up the energy to go put it together, partly because I wasn't confident that I could do it by myself. So, all of the men pitched in the day of the bbq and got it put together pretty quickly. We have a huge porch and I'm so excited to have some furniture on it!

Along with the steaks we had some bbq chicken, corn on the cob, baked potatoes and taco salad. Yay for summer food! I also made a couple of different dips (one of which everyone is a HUGE fan of and so I will be posting the recipe soon), a cake, cupcakes, and some momaritas. 



That was my first attempt at making a cake banner. The cake was german chocolate, my mom's favorite.
I found some Mother's Day decor here, and printed some off for cupcake toppers. 
I also saw some momosas on pinterest and loved the idea, but since I wasn't having a brunch I opted for some momaritas instead. I thought it was cute. :)

Mother's Day to me has of course always been all about my mom, so it felt pretty weird when everyone showed up handing me flowers and cards as well. I got pretty spoiled. Someone must of read my post and seen that I love orchids. :) 





While I was trying to be a good hostess I totally forgot to take the 500 pictures that I wanted to get. 
But... I did at least get a mom's day related photo shoot in the week before...

Stevie's sister Ciara is moving to Georgia this week, so we decided to get some cousin photographs taken for their mom's gift. Nolan and his cousin Gavin were both being little stinkers that day, and the weather was not cooperating. So I was pleasantly surprised when we got the photos back and there were multiple adorable ones! I love that you can see their little personalities in them.





Gavin found a baseball and was NOT going to give it up for a picture.




We had bought them matching shoes and glasses but were never quite able to get both of them to wear either at the same time. 





Photography by A&H Photography

As difficult as they were to get, I love the pictures. ..And so did grandma.:)

My first Mother's day was awesome. I can't wait to find many more excuses to have barbecues this summer! 






Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment