1.15.2016

Flashback Friday: The Announcement

November 2014

I think most women take a pregnancy test when they realize they haven't started their period on time. Or maybe because they are having morning sickness. Not me. Nope, I took mine because I started to hate my boyfriend. I mean really hate him. He hadn't done anything wrong but, out of nowhere everything about him started to annoy me. He kept telling me that I needed to take a pregnancy test because "something has to be wrong with you". Reluctantly, I bought one. I would have bet money that I was NOT pregnant. But that plus sign appeared almost immediately. 


I was in complete shock. Don't get me wrong, I have always wanted a baby. Actually, I've always been quite obsessed with babies. But the timing was just off. Of course, I wanted to be married before kids. I guess God just had a better plan. 

Our first ultrasound:
Can I add that this has always just looked like a penis to me?

Oh, and here's my pre-baby body. I'm pretty certain that I will never be this tiny again:

Stevie (the boyfriend) could not stop telling people the news. And of course I wanted to tell everyone in a cute way. So before he could blab to the whole world, I quickly made an appointment to get our pictures done. I really wanted our dog Darla to be in them, because she was my baby before I had my baby. So I made these adorable signs from some little chalkboards, cardboard letters, paint, twine, and a glue gun. You can buy a similar one here.





They still are some of my most favorite pictures. I think it was the cutest way to tell the news.

I also wanted to just get a few "family photos"...


And so began my picture obsession. 












Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment