1.26.2016

Gift ideas for mom to be


It seems like I was just pregnant with Nolan, walking through the pregnancy aisle at Babies R Us, thinking why would I need a gigantic body pillow? And why are there so many different belly wraps?.. After what seemed like 5 years of pregnancy, I think I figured it out. I put together some of my favorite pregnancy items that would be the perfect gifts for a new mom to be.

 If you get invited to a gender reveal party (or just want to give a congratulatory gift) I would suggest buying for the momma, and saving the baby gifts for the baby shower. Odds are, she doesn't even feel like there's a baby in there yet. 
Belly Butter // Gift Card // Belly Wrap // Book // Belly Stickers // Tums // Fetal Doppler // 

I tried a few different belly butters before deciding that Burt's Bees was my favorite. It left my belly super soft, wasn't too greasy, and smelled nice. And I only got a couple stretch marks on my side. Just one side, weird huh?

Who doesn't love gift cards? It wasn't long before I was headed to the maternity store to get some of those adorable necessary stretchy jeans. This store was my favorite. And it must be known, A Pea in the Pod brand is the bomb.

I used this wrap. It's made from a bamboo material that is really stinkin soft. It's meant to be a barrier between your skin and clothes so you can layer on all that belly butter and not ruin your shirt. It has adjustments so it can grow with your belly, and a band that goes around the button on your jeans, like the "rubber band trick".

The night I found out that I was pregnant Stevie took me to the store and we picked out this book. I had a few other ones too, but liked this one the most. It's organized by weeks, has a lot of information, and pictures. I liked peeking ahead to the next week to see what the baby was going to look like next.

I did not have these stickers, but I so wish I would of found them when I was expecting. They are the cutest things ever, and I would of loved to photograph my growing bump with them. The website also sells super cute baby milestone stickers as well. 

TUMS. What would I of done without tums? Enough said. 

I bought this fetal doppler for peace of mind, and just because it is so sweet to lay there and listen to your unborn baby's heartbeat every once in a while. There is also an app that will record it for you. 

That huge body pillow I mentioned, loved it! Sleeping while pregnant sucks. It helped a lot with my back pain. And best part, you can take the pieces of it apart and move them how you need them.

I HAD to have belly buds when I seen them. They are little speakers that adhere to your belly and play music or a voice message (from a long distance loved one perhaps) for the baby. Nolan would kick like crazy when I used them. 

I did not get the bump boxes, but I would of been so excited to. I get a few non pregnancy related subscription boxes now, and love them. There is something so thrilling about getting packages in the mail! You can gift a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription and they cover pregnancy and baby items. 

I hope I was helpful in picking out the perfect new momma to be gift!






Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment