2.02.2016

New Job Title: Stay at Home Mom

I never imagined myself as a stay at home mom. While pregnant, my plan was to go back to work full time after maternity leave. Who was I kidding? As soon as I laid eyes on Nolan I knew I was never going to want to leave him. I tried it though. Just part time. And, It. Was. Torture. 

Everyone kept telling me that it would get easier. It did NOT get easier. It most definitely got harder. Most days I would fight back tears on the drive in. And then worry the whole day about my precious baby. On breaks I would pump my breast milk in my car while I went through 20 questions on the phone with whoever was watching him: When did baby wake up? How much did he eat? Why is he crying? No, seriously.. how long has he been crying?

Being a breastfed baby, Nolan did not take well to a bottle. Even though it was breast milk inside of it, he just wanted me. He also would barely sleep the whole day. So I would come home to a starving, sleep deprived baby, and a stressed out dad or grandparent. It was just not working. 

So hello stay at home mom life. I am beyond grateful that we were able to make it work. And I'm adjusting to my new normal. It's a 24/7 job with no breaks, but its totally the best one I've ever had. 
  
Here's some photos from our past week:


 

For some extra cash, I'm looking into opening an Etsy shop. I think I'll just stick with tutus at first. I love making them and they are pretty easy. Gotta start somewhere! 

Here's a doll outfit I made for my sister.

Time to buy some tulle. 

Stay tuned ;)









Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment