2.26.2016

12 Recent "Mom"ents

I sat down to write a post about our week, only to then decide that we had a really boring one. Nolan didn't have any new firsts. There were no celebrations. Actually, I rarely even got dressed this week. But then I thought to myself that even without any excitement, every week is one to remember. It's another week that I got to be Nolan's mommy. Another week that I made it through as a new mom. Another week filled with little moments that I will miss so dearly years from now. Moments that I will want to share with Nolan, some that will make me laugh, and probably some that I would rather forget. I seen them to referred to as "mom"ents somewhere. And these are just some of them that I'm admitting to this week:

1. When I got up to leave a restaurant and saw the huge mess of puffs Nolan left underneath the highchair, I then proceeded to crawl around on the ground to pick them all up. 

2. When we were standing in line at a VERY quiet bank and Nolan let out a super loud fart. I'm quite certain that everyone thought it was me.  

3. When the Ikea employee had to stand there and wait as I removed and rearranged all of the baby gear in my trunk before he could load up the stuff I had just bought into it. 

4. When I lied and said I didn't have a babysitter and couldn't go out, but really I just didn't want to leave my baby, or put on real pants..

5. When I answered the door for the pizza delivery guy with baby spit up unknowingly all down my shirt. I just told myself that he probably didn't notice it, he totally did though...

6. When I licked my baby's hand to make sure that I got all of the wasabi taste off of it after he stuck it into my plate of sushi. I looked around to see if anyone was watching me, and yes, yes they were. 

7. When I gave my baby a dog toy to keep him occupied while I grocery shopped because the pet aisle was closer than the toy aisle. 

8. When I held up the line at target because Nolan was making the cutest faces and I had to get a few pictures of him. It was worth it. 

9. When we were taking a friend to the airport and Nolan snuck a cheez-it out of her carry on bag sitting by his carseat.  I let him keep it long enough for me to get a couple pictures..

10. When I went to the mall specifically to buy myself a couple of new shirts but left there with three shirts, two pairs of jeans, and a pair of shoes... for Nolan. Nothing for me. 

11. When I snorted like a pig so many times that I got a headache, because it was making Nolan crack up laughing. 

12. When I literally chased down a family member who was holding Nolan and trying to let him eat frosting. Not gonna happen. 

And here's the picture of my little cheez-it bandit.

Will someone please tell me that every mom has moments like these too..



Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment