3.18.2016

Our St. Patricks Day

Two years ago St. Patrick's day meant day drinking in Detroit with friends. 


One year ago, it was spent being pregnant, and boring (sadly, I don't have a picture of that). But, this year I got to share it with a sweet little baby boy. And it was the luckiest one yet!

Although it was pretty windy outside, it was still a beautiful day. I couldn't wait to take Nolan to the park! So we put on our green and made our way there. 


As we were leaving the house Stevie said "I can't believe you didn't do a photo shoot with Nolan". He knows me so well doesn't he.... 
I was definitely doing one, I was just waiting until we got to the park. :)

I stopped and got a green passion smoothie (delicious) from Panera Bread first. I planned on drinking it while I nursed Nolan in the car before we got out to play. But as soon as he saw it, he grabbed it and started sucking it down. So cute! He usually hates anything cold, but I guess it tasted too good for him to care. 


As soon as i pried that away from him we walked to the park. It's right on the river, and Nolan enjoyed watching the water flow over the dam. I put him in the swing, which I'm still not sure if he loves or not. Here's a picture of him in it last week and then yesterday: 


Same position, same face. He doesn't cry, but doesn't smile either. He's just sorta... chill.

So, here's our little photo shoot:




And one of mama and baby.


By the way, is his little jacket not the cutest?! I got it from Old Navy. 

Since I'm still breastfeeding, I prefer not to drink alcohol at all. So instead of green beer, I made some shamrock floats! 

 
They would make the perfect treat for kids. Along with these mint Oreo cupcakes, which were the BOMB. 


You can find the recipe here. 

Ill definitely be making them again. 


Every holiday I like to do some sort of craft with Nolan. I know that he can't enjoy them yet, but I like having something to save for him from all of his firsts. Although hand print crafts are pretty difficult with a baby, I think they are the cutest. Nolan liked squeezing the paint between his fingers. And I liked cleaning up the huge mess after wards. Kidding..


It's supposed to be a four leaf clover. :)

Holidays are just so much better when you have kids. Because really, you just get to be a kid again yourself!

Also, I now know that when my baby won't eat his breakfast...
Just make him a smoothie instead ;)











Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment